"In dreams each night, one sees... Inchwraps... Cheezers... Peelbugs... this vision must be... the will of the Mother!"
|Chandlo - "It doesn't matter what she says, as long as she says it like she means it. That's wisdom, Bro."|
A perplexing prophet. Doesn't eat Bugsnax.
Likes riddles, discipline, and proper back support.
- Devotee of Mother Naturae, sees Bugsnax as toxins.
- Cloaks mundane activities in complicated metaphors.
- Isolated herself in the desert to set an example.
- Prophesized doom to Lizbert for continuing to use Bugsnax.
Shelda is a wise prophet serving the will of "Mother Naturae" and has a grand manner of speech riddled with methaphors and therefor misunderstood by most everyone who she gets to listen to her. Shelda believes Bugsnax to be toxins that will bring all to their doom, exiling herself to the Sizzlin' Sands to (allegedly) abstain from them altogether. Despite The Journalist's assumption of her being a 'fraud', she believes and practices what she preaches and does not forcefully demand her followers to follow in her own challenges she sets for herself to function properly as an example. When Shelda drops her "act", her manner of speech turns into a more laid-back humorous tone and she herself believes she is a fraud, mentioning her identity as Shelda is a mask to Shellsy Woolbag. She is close with Chandlo, who seeks out her wisdom and genuinely takes her words to heart, although their meaning fly right over his head.
|Personality Quiz: Which Grumpus are You?|
Shelda is a tall, thin, brown-furred Grumpus with a vertical, circular, thin, dark-brown nose and brown eyes.
Her limbs are so skinny that her knobby joints are visible, either due to her being old - She is nearing her 70s - or her abstaining herself from consuming Bugsnax. Floofty refers to her as "mummified". Regardless her seemingly weak build she is vibrant, expressive and extremely durable.
Her face shape is a neutral mouth position with thin teeth of which she seems a few missing if Grumpus teeth would always follow a pattern. Her upper teeth would be a separate row of four round thin long teeth but the outer right one is missing and her below row would contain three but her out left one is missing, giving a zigzag feel to it. She supposedly already lost a few teeth due to being older, something Triffany described of her grandmother Bronica.
She wears a flower-crown on her head with white and pink flowers that would supposedly be native at Snaktooth Island. Her defining accessory is her rope necklace adorned with orange beads, a brown "peace sign", what appear to be the eyes of Bugsnax and long sharp teeth that resemble/(are?) the teeth of Grumps.
She's the only Grumpus to have an outside hut and can be sleeping while meditating in the lotus position.
- Herbology Tools - "Shelda mixes various herbs and powders to make gross food pellets."
- Hanging Herbs
- Black Razzby: "For a SIN against all nature, this one is...arguably...a little bit cute."
- Buffalocust: "A TRULY CURSED BEING!"
- Caramel Poptick: "CHAOS INCARNATE!"
- Cheezer: "When faced with danger, it will always cheese it."
- Eggler: "Even when under fire, it keeps on the sunny side."
- Flapjackarak: "THE WIND BENDS TO ITS BACONY WILL!"
- Incherrito: "UNDERGROUND...UNDERFOOT...UNDERESTIMATED!"
- Along with Gramble, she's the only other Grumpus who does not eat Bugsnax by principle.
References & Notes
- A defining accessory is a lasting item meant to identify a character after Snakification.