It is a slingshot used to launch the various Sauces that can be found around Snaktooth Island. Many Bugsnax have a favorite sauce that can be used as bait, while others may dislike certain sauces and react with hostility. Sauces can be splattered onto any dry surface, or directly onto a Bugsnak, Grumpus, or interactive object. The Sauce Slinger has a wide variety of uses. If an aggressive Bugsnak sees its favorite sauce coating another Bugsnak, it will attack it, leaving that Snak vulnerable to capture without the use of any other tools. Alternatively, the sauce-hating nature of a Sodie can be taken advantage of by creating a trail of sauce for the Sodie to follow, luring it to a spicy Snak it can extinguish. The true potential of the Sauce Slinger, however, comes from using it together with other tools:
- Sauce can be used to lure a Bugsnak directly into the range of a Snak Trap.
- The Buggy Ball can be coated in sauce, and used as a mobile lure for Bugsnax while requiring only one bottle of sauce.
- The Lunchpad can be coated in sauce to lure Bugsnax on top of it, allowing them to be launched.
- The Trip Shot can be coated in sauce to directly lure Bugsnax into colliding with it.
During the end of the game, during the invasion of Snaxburg by hostile Bugsnax, the Sauce Slinger is used to defend Wambus and Triffany from Bungers and Spuddies. Slinging the irresistible Special Sauce at the hostile Snax will cause them to attack and destroy each other over it.
- The Sauce Slinger is used to attain the "Say Cheese!" achievement, for which a Grumpus must be covered in cheese, and then scanned with the SnaxScope.