"I am Floofty Fizzlebean, the world's first gastroentomologist. In baby language, I study Bugsnax and their effect on Grumpuses."
|Triffany - "Say what ya will about Floofty, they really appreciate a bad science pun!"|
A fiercely dedicated scientist. Disrespectful of others (myself included).
Likes intellectuals, empiricism, and dark humor.
- Observed Lizbert's transformations in public.
- Dislikes journalists for painting them as creepy.
- Ran experiments on Eggabell as a willing subject.
- Shelda stoked Lizbert's distrust of Floofty, and they fled.
Floofty is a biologist, studying the effect eating Bugsnax has on Grumpuses. They are proud of their knowledge and condescending toward anyone, especially those who do not understand the use of their research. They disregard all safety and ethics in conducting their experiments, only focusing on the results and possible advancements in science. The other Grumpuses are not interested or fit into becoming their test subjects and ever since Eggabell disappeared Floofty is left to experiment on themself.
|Personality Quiz: Which Grumpus are You?|
Floofty is a plum-furred Grumpus with a yellow, lemon-shaped nose and plum purple eyes.
Their appearance is in contrast with their brother Snorpy. Their colours are inverted, where Snorpy has the yellow fur and purple nose and Floofty has the purple fur with a yellow nose. Snorpy has extraordinarily long legs whereas Floofty has extraordinarily long arms.
Their face shape is an underbite, with two big square teeth sticking out from the jaw and a row of four square upper teeth with a slight gap in the middle.
They have fluffy white locks that bleed into a plum purple at their ends and is combed to their right side, leaving the left side open for the tightening strap of their black goggles to stick out. They wear a bow tie with a white and purple plaid pattern. Their defining accessories are both their goggles as their bowtie. Floofty is non-binary and is referred to by they/them pronouns.
Floofty demanded their left leg to be snakified by The Journalist, which they later cut off as part of their research and replaced with a wooden prosthetic.
- Banopper: "The natural enemy of all cephalopods."
- Flamin’ Cheepoof: "Constantly on fire, you say? That gives me an idea..."
- Greater Cocomite: "A pair of siblings? I see myself in this one."
- Lesser Cocomite: "This one reminds me of Snorpy."
- Grumpy Snakpod: "They taste nothing like the real thing."
- Paletoss Grande: "Brutish, dim, and won't last long here. Much like you."
- Paletoss: "This insect is more like a bisect now. Ehehehe."
- Red Banopper: "The crimson colour may be caused by excess carotenoids or Grumpus blood."
- Floofty's note on Banopper is a reference to Young Horses' previous game, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, as Octodad must be careful to avoid slipping on any banana peels.
- Upon being asked by the player during their interview, Floofty confesses to committing cannibalism.
- This refers to how they ate part of their own snackified leg for science, making it autocannibalism.
- Floofty has a rather strange sleep schedule compared to other Grumpuses. They go to sleep at 7:00 PM, and wake up at 10:00 PM, at which point they stand in the middle of Snaxburg alone. They appear to watch Gramble once he begins sleepwalking. At 3:30 AM, Floofty goes back to sleep, and wakes up only 30 minutes later.
- Gramble seems to be unconsciously aware of Floofty's presence when he sleepwalks, as he says Floofty appear in his nightmares, watching him.