"I had to recall half a billion papers AND give a public apology, all because your 'Grumpfoot' turned out to be a lost football mascot!"
|Lizbert - "But a big plate of lasagna will make her day!"|
Clum Clumby Clumbernut is a high-ranking employee at GNN, and The Journalist's grouchy supervisor.
My editor. Used to love Mondays, now despises them.
Likes hot scoops, accolades, and slamming a table dramatically.
- Lizbert used to be a renowned explorer.
- Liz was disgraced when Grumplantis turned out to be a hoax.
- Clumby thinks Bugsnax are a similar waste of time.
- Also that only desperate losers would believe in Lizbert.
Clumby is grouchy and skeptical, specifically of the existence of Bugsnax and the credibility of Elizabert Megafig. Tired of the Journalist's tendency to chase "monster hunts", she threatens to fire them, unless they can return alive with proof of Bugsnax. She is quite reliant on coffee.
|Personality Quiz: Which Grumpus are You?|
Clumby is a short orange-furred Grumpus with a pink, oval-shaped nose and green eyes.
She wears white pointed glasses, a brown reporter's hat, and a lanyard that contains her ID card.
Her face shape is an overbite, the front row four big even round teeth and the row below three big round teeth, the middle one thinner than the two wider outer ones but all the same height.
Clumby bares no striking resemblance to Garfield  - only in fur- and nose color - but that together with text written about her makes the referential jokes around her more apparent.
- Her Journal description has the Journalist mention she "hates Mondays".
- Her SnaxScope FlavorText has Lizbert joke about loving "Lasagna".
- Her Personality Quiz entry mentions an excessive amount of coffee consumption.
- Her Interview has her mention coffee consumption as well.
- There are several newspapers taken by the expedition team and one has a headline on Lasagna Sales Rising - Record-breaking monday'. Clumby is the editor of this newspaper.
- Trailer Quotes:
- “Wow, that's your new lead? Another monster hunt?”
- “Elizabert Megafig is a TWO-BIT CON ARTIST!”
- “Don't tell me you actually believe this half-baked nonsense.”
- “I swear,if you chase this "Bugsnax" story, YOU'RE OUT OF A JOB!”
- “Well,say you DO find these "Bugsnax" and make it back alive,you just might keep your job.”
- “Now get going, and try not to fall off a cliff.”
- Game Quotes:
- “I gotta admit, you got guts. Tracking down Lizbert inside an erupting volcano, it’s compelling, dramatic, SENSATIONAL!”
- “I’d call it fiction if you didn’t have this Filibus yahoo along as a witness.”
- “Point is, you’re a regular Grumpter S Thompson. It’s just too bad those Bugsnax weren’t real, huh?”
- “Don’t worry, GNN specialises in painful truths. And speaking of... you’re fired.”
- “This story’s a page-turner and all, but you lost your job the second you walked out that door.”
- “Oh please, it’s not like I expected you to come back! Also, you’re legally dead. Might wanna clean that up soon.”
- “No, no, I sent them away. It would be hard to make them disappear at this point.”
- “Hmm... hard to say. Could be they’re idiots. Could be they know the truth and they’re keeping it quiet.”
- “Omne Vivum Ex Bugsnax (all life from Bugsnax).”
References & Notes
- Clumby's FlavorText is found in the text files.
- Garfield on Wikipedia